- Information Center
- K-SURE News
- Date : 2023.12.13
- Views : 102
- Achieving the Minister of Environment Award in the Environmental Information Disclosure Category at the 2023 Green Management & Green Finance Excellence Company Awards Ceremony
- Various Achievements Acknowledged including Supporting Trade Insurance in Environmentally-friendly Industries at Home & Abroad, Green Management Introduction for SMEs, etc.
■ The Korea Trade Insurance Corporation (hereinafter referred to as “K-SURE”) has announced that on the 13th (Wednesday), it received the Minister of Environment Award in the Environmental Information Disclosure Category at the ”2023 Green Management and Green Finance Excellence Company Awards Ceremony” held by the Ministry of Environment and the Korea Environmental Industry & Technology Institute.
○ The Green Management and Green Finance Excellence Company Awards Ceremony is an event aimed at vitalizing green management and green finance, as corporate responsibilities and roles in sustainable management are strengthened. It honors individuals and companies that have contributed to environmental information disclosure, green bond issuance, ESG management, and outstanding green business.
○ In the Environmental Information Disclosure category where K-SURE achieved the Minister of Environmental Award, a prize is given to the companies having actively disclosed environmental information, owned excellent registered disclosure information content and served as a great example for environmental management and environmental responsible investment diffusion.
■ K-SURE obtained this award in recognition of its continuous efforts in eco-friendly savings for its operational facilities as well as establishing a mid to long-term carbon-neutral management system to support eco-friendly industries at home and abroad for the sake of practicing carbon-neutral management.
○ K-SURE strategically supported financing for global eco-fiendly projects, such as photovoltaic energy, secondary batteries, and eco-friendly ships, in which Korean companies participated. It also operated a rigorous international environmental and social screening system from support review stage, contributing to global carbon emission reduction.
○ Furthermore, K-SURE is internalizing environmentally-friendly management as shown from winning an award for public sector green house gas target management thanks to having achieved green house gas reduction target for 12 straight years through operating eco-friendly office buildings and practicing company-wide energy saving.
■ In addition, K-SURE established various support systems to encourage ESG practices among SMEs facing difficulties in adopting green management.
○ Our company is operating ESG supply chain self-assessment service in order to provide assistance in responding to global ESG regulations affecting export-oriented SMEs, such as the EU supply chain due diligence guidelines*.
* The ESG Supply Chain Due Diligence Guidelines is a scheme obligating companies of a certain size within the EU to conduct assessment on environmental, labor, and human rights issues arising out of their entire business processes, and the companies of which supply chain is outside the EU are also subject to the due diligence.
○ For 1,119 SMEs practicing environmentally-friendly management (*cumulative basis for this year), K-SURE is providing incentives of preferential treatment for trade insurance limits, insurance/guarantee fee discounts, and other benefits to support our domestic enterprises in practicing green management.
■ Mr. Inho Lee, Chairman and President of K-SURE, stated, “This award is a new achievement gained through our efforts of implementing carbon neutrality and ESG management, following the commendation from the Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy in the ESG comprehensive category and the Korean Academic Society of Business Administration Public Sector ESG Management Award last year.”
○ He also expressed his commitment, saying “We will grow into an institution practicing green management in and outside of our company through increased efforts in leading global green finance and creating export green industry ecosystem.”
* On the 13th, Mr. Jinsik Park, Deputy President of K-SURE (right) is taking a commemorative photo at the “2023 Green Management and Green Finance Excellence Company Awards Ceremony” hosted by the Ministry of Environment and the Korea Environmental Industry & Technology Institute after winning the Minister of Environment Award.
- Point of Contact : Public Relations Department