Overseas Investment Insurance (Investment Financing)
Overview of Scheme and Product Characteristics
- This scheme is to cover financial institutes against the risk of non-collection of loan provided to domestic companies for overseas resource development and overseas M&A, etc., due to political and commercial risks.
- It is aimed at supporting financial contracts financial institutes concluded with nationals of the Republic of Korea in order to provide necessary funds for overseas investment.
- Target Transactions : Overseas business including overseas resource development and overseas M&A, etc. by domestic business
- Scope of Support : Up to 100% of funds required for overseas business
- Risks Covered : Political risk (claim for indemnification to domestic business when commercial risk occurs)
|Commercial Risks||Bankruptcy and default of overseas development entity or domestic development business|
|Political Risks||War, expropriation, remittance, non-fulfillment of agreement, etc.|
PremiumDetermined according to rating of invested country and credit rating of investment company (exporter)
- Point of Contact : Project Finance Coordination Department