- Information Center
- K-SURE News
- Date : 2022.10.24
- Views : 1674
- The Meeting First Opened in Korea in Celebration of the 30th Anniversary of K-SURE’s Founding. Discuss the Revision to OECD Regulations, & Share the Experiences of Financing Support
- Responding to Global Climate Crisis through Expansion of Eco-friendly Policy Support, K-SURE’s Key Role Expected.
■ The Korea Trade Insurance Corporation (“K-SURE”) stated that it had held the 46th OECD Practitioners’ Meeting in conjunction with the Export-Import Bank of Korea at the Westin Josun Hotel located in Jung-gu, Seoul on Monday, October 24th in celebration of the 30th anniversary of its founding.
○ The OECD Practitioners’Meeting is a professional gathering where Export Credit Agencies in each country share opinions on the revision to “OECD common approaches,” the application regulation in providing export financing, and previous cases of its application and experiences of environmental and social reviews.
○ At the two-day event, the first domestic gathering since Korea first joined OECD in 1996, 50 environmentalists from 23 countries took part in the meeting.
■ At this meeting, participants initiated talks on the revision to the OECD standards, and shared their experiences of environmental and social reviews on projects in each country.
○ At the previous gathering, K-SURE suggested to form a working group in response to climate risks, and has been acting as a leading participant for the OECD working group, and our institution is also anticipated to play a pivotal role at this meeting in building collaboration between international communities in order to cope with climate change risks.
■ K-SURE will be pushing ahead various activities such as establishing the trend centering around eco-friendly projects and coming up with policy support measures so as to deal with climate change in a speedy manner, joining hands with international communities in reducing climate risks.
○ In particular, K-SURE joined TCFD (Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosure) last year, and declared the suspension of financing aid for new coal-fire power generation.
■ In the opening speech delivered by Chairman and President of K-SURE, Mr. Inho Lee, “to act in solidarity for the discussion on environment-related international standards in line with coping with climate crisis in international community and 2050 carbon neutrality strategies of our government is a mission of the times that official export credit agencies should pursue.”
○ He also added, “Taking this opportunity in Seoul, we will do our utmost efforts for our domestic corporations to wisely navigate through rapidly changing trade barriers by thoroughly looking into environmental and social impacts and strengthening green policy support.”
* Chairman and President of K-SURE, Mr. Inho Lee, delivered his opening speech at the 46th OECD Practitioners’ Meeting held at the Westin Josun Hotel located in Jung-gu, Seoul on Monday, October 24th.
* Chairman and President of K-SURE, Mr. Inho Lee, taking a commemorative photo with environmentalists from export credit agencies at the 46th OECD Practitioners’ Meeting held at the Westin Josun Hotel located in Jung-gu, Seoul on Monday, October 24th.
- next post
K-SURE. Receiving a 2022 Presidential Citation for Shared Growth of Large SMEs
- Point of Contact : Public Relations Department